One thing that any RV owner needs to be prepared for is scheduling regular RV service and maintenance. Like your other vehicles, your new or used RV will stay in the best condition and ready for any road trip if you faithfully schedule its routine maintenance. You can even save money in the long run, because “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!” Prevention is always less expensive than repair, so follow these guidelines below for a basic RV service schedule, and contact our RV service department to make an appointment!
Every Road Trip
Before you hit the road, make sure you run a quick check on each of the following:
- Tires: check pressure and add air to the tires that need it; check wear and tear, look for cracks, damage, etc.
- Clear roof of debris like leaves, small branches, etc.
- Check under hood to make sure all hoses are connected, no leaks, etc.
Once a Month
- A/C cleaning: clean vents, intake, and filters (or replace filters if needed) during the traveling months you’ll be using your A/C.
- Check for cracks: roofs, sides, seals, everywhere! Pests can get in and wreak some serious havoc, and even the tiniest crack in a seal can lead to major water damage.
- Lubricate slides
Twice a Year
Make sure to take care of scheduling these routine RV maintenance tasks twice a year:
- Check/change fluids & replace filters. Change oil every 3,000 miles.
- Lubrication: Jacks, hitches, and hinges need to stay lubricated in order to stay working!
Once a Year
These annual services will help keep your RV in beautiful condition:
- Propane inspection
- Brakes serviced
- Water system flushed and cleaned
- Exterior resealed if cracks are present
Our RV service department can help with all of these items, and advise you on any specifics for your particular new or used RV. Many of the smaller items on this checklist can be done by you, the RV owner – like making sure the roof is clear before you hit the road – but if there’s anything you’re not sure about, we’re ready to let our trained professionals help keep your RV road ready and in beautiful condition for years to come. Contact us today!